Tuesday, March 9, 2010

rose belt DIY

i made p and me matching belts! i think they are great.

they can be kinda dressy

& casual too!

here is the rundown if you would like to make yourself &/or your mini a springy accessory.

materials:
scrap fabric (i used left over grey cordaroy for mine and some green heavy weight cotton for p's)
fusible interfacing
2 x 1 1/2 in D-rings
thread

step 1:

cut fabric
1 belt fabric-3 1/2 in x your waist measurement + 5-7 in.
1 interfacing-3 1/2 in x your waist measurement + 5-7 in.
1 rose fabric-6in. x 22 in.

step 2:

fuse your interfacing to the wrong side of the belt fabric.


step 3:

fold belt & rose fabric in half lengthwise with right sides together & press.

step 4:

cut one end of belt fabric at a 45 degree angle.

step 5:

sew belt along the raw edges, including the 45 degree cut at one end of the belt with a 1/4 in inseam. leave one end of belt open

step 6:

turn belt right side out and press

step 7:

put the open end of belt through 2 d-rings, fold under raw edge 1/2 in, pin in place and top stitch in place.
step 8:

sew flower fabric along the 2 short edges. you can tapper one edge of the flower fabric. leave the bottom edge open.step 9:

turn the flower fabic right-side out and press.

step 10:

baste along the open bottom edge with longest stitch on your machine.

step 11:

gather the stitches & form rose.


step 12:

stitch the rose in place on top of the d-rings. *** make sure rose is very secure.



check 'em!

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. So, so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice ! Thanks a lot for idea / sharing. Regards from Turkey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! I couldn't help adding you to our link luv roundup today, come by for a peek! http://www.luvinthemommyhood.com/2010/03/link-luv-roundup_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally made this belt and love the way it looks. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! and will definetly try this! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!
    Especially the little girl belt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Thanks for the tuto! I put a link and a photo (with your permission?) and my second blog ( http://galimamphigouric.canalblog.com/archives/2010/05/16/17909929.html )

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooooo cute! I am definately going to be making this to use up some fabric scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obrigada por partilhar suas criações!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this belt!! I'll make one to dress up my jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so great! I'm going to link to it on my blog on the "projects I want to attempt" list. can't wait to try it!
    -Sarah from Create Studio
    www.createstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooohhh! Pretty! I need that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice idea, great design. Keep posting, I owe that for tha little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely design , thank you for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lindo demais!!! Amei!!!
    Kisses friend by Brasil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looking for a belt to wear with skirts. this might be the ticket!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting. i love comments!